Jun 10 2019
Accumold At MD&M East, 2019
Contact details https://www.accu-mold.com/contact/
On the picture: the Accumold Booth at the MDM EAST with Shawn Thibeault, Sr. Sales Engineer and Aaron Johnson, Vice President of Marketing & Customer Strategy.
Medical Design & Manufacturing (MD&M) East is the largest and longest-running medtech event on the east coast.
Medical device engineers, R&D managers, and executives from across the Northeast and beyond rely on this event
to stay on top of the latest industry advancements, including first looks at innovations yet to hit the market.
Accumold is a high-tech manufacturer of precision micro, small and lead frame injection molded plastic components.
Utilizing processes developed from our Micro-Mold(r) technology, we design, build and produce unique molds and parts efficiently for a variety of markets that include Micro Electronics, Optics and Medical.
Like many great start-ups, Accumold began operations in a rented garage.
Our founders discovered there was a growing need to manufacture small and micro injection molded components that went
well-beyond the available molding systems of the day. This discovery led to the invention of our first Micro-Mold(r) platform in 1985
Accumold has traveled all around the world attending trade shows and showing why we are a leader in precision micro,
small and lead frame injection molded plastic components.
The MDM EAST show was a great success, our next event will be in Germany.
Oct 9 2018
Accumold Showing Micro Mold Examples At DeviceTalks Boston
Accumold will be providing real micro molded parts from past MedTech projects and industry successes for participants to interact with and Accumold’s VP of Marketing and Customer Strategy will be on hand to answer technical questions and overall process questions. Don’t worry, he’s already prepared to answer the most common question he gets “woa, can you really mold parts that small with plastic?” (The answer is “yes!”)
Keynoting DeviceTalks this year will be Steve MacMillan, CEO of Hologic. MacMillan has a long history in the MedTech space focusing on women’s health, creating new technology focusing on breast, skeletal, perinatal, gynecological and aesthetic health issues women face throughout their lives.
This year, DeviceTalks Boston will also feature three new tracks created by people familiar with the industry. The ECO-System track is tackling common struggles in the MedTech industry for Boston device manufacturers (and others), the TECH track is focusing on new devices and new technology, and the Investment track will be a resource for companies looking for capital and investors to grow their operations.
Other keynote speakers include Campbell Rogers, MD, VP and Chief Medical Officers for HeartFlow, Todd M. Pope President and CEO of TransEnterix, and Heidi Dohse, Sr. Program Manager of Healthcare at Google plus many others.
What Is DeviceTalks?
For those unaware, DeviceTalks is a MedTech industry event for the MedTech community meant to create a community and event to foster a free exchange of ideas and insight for leading pioneers and engineers in the MedTech space. The event is hosted by MassDevice, an online journal of record for the medical device (MedTech) industry.
If you can’t make it to Boston, but still have questions on precision micro injection molding, or a new MedTech device, please reach out. We love to answer questions.
Company information Accumold
We produce components that range in size from 5cm on down with tolerances often in microns. Our customers require an uncompromising attention to detail, extremely high quality, low production costs, and our speed-to-market services.
- Our state-of-the-art facilities include a team of 50+ toolmakers. This group operates 24/7 to meet the high demand for their innovative services.
- Our production team serves around-the-clock to ensure that parts are produced on-time and to spec. This talented group is geared for speed and volume.
- Our production area is equipped to meet all of the market demands from our clean room to our automation and sub-assembly processes.
Even though micro-molding may seem new and novel, Accumold has been in the "micro" business for more than two decades and have produced billions of micro-molded parts over the years. It's where we started as a company, and it's where we continue grow, innovate and produce.
|Type of company||Head Office|
|Fax||+1 515 964-5742|
Micro-Mold® (Producer / Importer, Exporter)
Micro Molded components range in size from 5cm, with micro features, down to parts less than 1mm in size. These complex parts often include tight tolerances measuring only a few microns. Processes include: insert molding, clean room molding and 2-shot molding. Materials include: PEEK, Ultem, LCP, and most engineered thermoplastics.
Accumold (Producer / Importer, Exporter)
Accumold is a high-tech manufacturer of precision micro molded plastic components with part geometries from 5cm to less than 1mm in size. Processes include: insert molding, clean room molding and 2-shot molding. Materials include: PEEK, Ultem, LCP, and most engineered thermoplastics. Markets include: Micro Electronics, Medical, Micro Optics, Sensors and other emerging technologies.
Key figures Accumold
Sales Director/Manager (VP of Sales and Marketing)
Marketing Director/Manager (Vice President of Marketing & Customer Strategy)
- Service provider
Thermoplastics processing services
- Die-stamping services for thermoplastics
- Stretch blow moulding services for thermoplastics
- Injection moulding services, two-component, for thermoplastics
- Moulding services, two-stage, for thermoplastics
- Moulding services, multiple stage, for thermoplastics
- Moulding services for thermoplastic composites
- Moulding services, thermoplastic elastomers (TPE)
- Moulding services for household articles, thermoplastics
- Moulding services for electric and electronic articles, thermoplastics
- Moulding services for optical, photographic and cine equipment, thermoplastics
- Moulding services for cosmetic and perfumery articles, thermoplastics
- Moulding services for medical, surgical and pharmaceutical articles, thermoplastics
- Service provider
- Pre-processing of plastics
Plastic processing services
- Processing services for acetal resin
- Processing services for acetal plastics
- Processing services for acrylics
- Processing services for acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) rubbers
- Processing services for carbon fibre reinforced plastics
- Processing services for cellulosic plastics
- Processing services for glass fibre reinforced plastics (GRP)
- Processing services for polyamide/nylon
- Processing services for polycarbonate
- Processing services for polyethylene (PE)
- Processing services for polyether ether ketone (PEEK)
- Processing services for polypropylene (PP)
- Processing services for polystyrene
- Processing services for polysulphone (PSU)
- Processing services for polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
- Processing services for polyurethane (PU)
- Processing services for thermoplastic polyesters
- Plastic moulding services
Other classifications (for some countries)
SIC (US 1987) :
NAICS (US 2012) :
Other Industrial Machinery Manufacturing (333249)
NAICS (US 2012) :
Plastics Product Manufacturing (3261)
NAICS (US 2012) :
All Other Plastics Product Manufacturing (326199)